What's involved in a Deputy Managers Position
All Clients will have unique needs and requirements from you. At the start of each booking they will ask you to perform certain tasks or manage certain responsibilities. Like wise, if you're unsure of anything this is your opportunity to ask any questions regarding the setting. The list below is by no means exhaustive but a guideline to the role & responsibilities in general.Main Responsibilities
- To deputise for the Manager
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager.
- To give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery.
- Overall management responsibility for the Day Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist the Manager in providing effective day to day management of the Nursery.
- Assist the Manager in collection, accounting, and banking of monies and distribution of wages.
- Assist the Manager in setting and implementing objectives for policy for the Nursery within the framework of the management committee.
- Assist the Manager in planning the training strategy for students
- To be responsible for the supervision of students, identifying their learning needs and advise key-staff of these.
- In conjunction with the Manager, to formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum, that is suitable to the age range of children.
- To assist the Manager in promoting Equal Opportunities throughout the Day Nursery.
- To work alongside the parents/carers of special needs children to achieve full integration within the Nursery.
- Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
- Liase with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- Liase with the Local authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and training sessions outside working hours.
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery, i.e, preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the Nursery is fulfilled.
- Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Manager.
In general an NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification with experience of working within a day Nursery setting. Some managerial experience would be desirable.
If you're interested in this type of role, then Eyears may be able to help you.
Our Nursery Nurse Business offers -:
Our Education Business offers -:
Teaching assistant jobs in Birmingham, Teaching Assistant Jobs in Bristol, Teaching Assistant Jobs in Coventry & Teaching Assistant Jobs in Staffordshire. We also have Teacher Jobs in Birmingham, Teacher Jobs in Coventry, Teacher Jobs in Bristol & Teacher Jobs in Staffordshire.
More Supply Work Questions:
- How do i complete and send timesheets to Eyears each week?
- Do I need to pay for a DBS check?
- How do I open my Payslips on Email?
- How do I add email@example.com to my email white list?
- What will it involve within an SEN setting?
- What Qualifications do I need to work at an SEN School?
- What does a Supply teaching assistant role involve?
- What qualifications do I need to work as a Supply Teaching Assistant?
- What does supply teaching involve?
- What Qualifications do I need to work as a supply Teacher?
- Why choose Agency Supply Teaching?
- How to record your availabilty on-line
- What's involved in a Nursery Managers Position
- What's involved in a Deputy Managers Position
- What's involved in a Nursery Nurse position
- What security checks do our Staff go through?
- How long is the work I will be offered?
- How far will I have to travel to work?
- Who are Eyears?
- How do I join Eyears?
- How can I become a client?
- How long is the interview?
- What qualification do I need to work for Eyears?
- Do Eyears have staff or work local to me?
- What time are you open from?
- Will Eyears charge me anything for finding work?
- When do I need to get my timesheets into you?
- Where can I get timesheets from?
- How will I be paid?
- How long does the recruitment process take?
- What should I wear to work?
- Where will I be working?
- Why should I join Eyears?
At Eyears you can place your advertisement for Childcare or Education vacancies on our website completely free of charge. The vacancy becomes fully live within minutes of you placing it...