What's involved in a Nursery Nurse position
All Clients will have unique needs and requirements from you. At the start of each booking they will ask you to perform certain tasks or manage certain responsibilities. Like wise, if you're unsure of anything this is your opportunity to ask any questions regarding the setting. The list below is by no means exhaustive but a guideline to the role & responsibilities in general.
- To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery.
- To give support to other personnel within the Nursery.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area, in conjunction with other staff.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent's evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book.
- Look upon the Nursery as a "whole", where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Nursery.
- Preparation and completion of activities to suite the child's stage of development.
- To ensure mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold it's standards at all times.
Qualifications such as the following are desirable:
- NVQ Level 2/3
- CACHE Diploma
- BA Childcare
- HND Childcare
- B Tec Nursery Nursing
- PLA Diploma in pre-school practice
If you're interested in this type of role then Eyears may be able to help you.
Our Nursery Nurse Business offers -:
Our Education Business offers -:
Teaching assistant jobs in Birmingham, Teaching Assistant Jobs in Bristol, Teaching Assistant Jobs in Coventry & Teaching Assistant Jobs in Staffordshire. We also have Teacher Jobs in Birmingham, Teacher Jobs in Coventry, Teacher Jobs in Bristol & Teacher Jobs in Staffordshire.
More Supply Work Questions:
- How do i complete and send timesheets to Eyears each week?
- Do I need to pay for a DBS check?
- How do I open my Payslips on Email?
- How do I add email@example.com to my email white list?
- What will it involve within an SEN setting?
- What Qualifications do I need to work at an SEN School?
- What does a Supply teaching assistant role involve?
- What qualifications do I need to work as a Supply Teaching Assistant?
- What does supply teaching involve?
- What Qualifications do I need to work as a supply Teacher?
- Why choose Agency Supply Teaching?
- How to record your availabilty on-line
- What's involved in a Nursery Managers Position
- What's involved in a Deputy Managers Position
- What's involved in a Nursery Nurse position
- What security checks do our Staff go through?
- How long is the work I will be offered?
- How far will I have to travel to work?
- Who are Eyears?
- How do I join Eyears?
- How can I become a client?
- How long is the interview?
- What qualification do I need to work for Eyears?
- Do Eyears have staff or work local to me?
- What time are you open from?
- Will Eyears charge me anything for finding work?
- When do I need to get my timesheets into you?
- Where can I get timesheets from?
- How will I be paid?
- How long does the recruitment process take?
- What should I wear to work?
- Where will I be working?
- Why should I join Eyears?
At Eyears you can place your advertisement for Childcare or Education vacancies on our website completely free of charge. The vacancy becomes fully live within minutes of you placing it...