Nursery Nurse - Job Description
JOB DESCRIPTION – NURSERY NURSE
Purpose of Post
1 To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Setting;
2 To give support to other personnel within the Setting;
- Work with Children;
- Team Work;
- Liaise with Parents/carers.
Senior Nursery Nurse / Team Leader / Deputy Manager / Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff;
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members;
- To be flexible within working practices of the Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.;
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it;
- Look upon the Setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children;
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Setting;
- To respect the confidentiality of information received;
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development;
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing;
- Washing and changing children as required;
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child;
- To ensure the Setting of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development;
- To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring Setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
Nursery Nurse - Person Specification:
Skills, aptitude, knowledge and experience
At Eyears you can place your advertisement for Childcare or Education vacancies on our website completely free of charge. The vacancy becomes fully live within minutes of you placing it...